Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Our bedroom

When we first moved in (almost a year ago, oh my goodness!), our bedroom looked like this:


The photo only makes it look dark because it was taken at dusk right when we got into the house. We actually like the paint color, so not much has really changed in this room besides adding blinds, curtains, our furniture, and new carpet. We do have plans to paint the room this summer, though! Here's a picture of how it looks now from the same view, from the double entry doors.




All of the bedding I've actually had for years. I love our white organic bamboo sheet set from Target. The only problem is how dingy they get, so I may need to buy a new set soon! The quilt is from Marshall's a few years ago and is reversible. We don't need much else on the bed during the hot Texas summers.



I love how the gray and white striped body pillow cover looks with the plain bedding. I found it at Target.


This is looking to the other corner of the room, where you can see the bathroom door. In the corner is a vanity I'm working on for myself.




The gallery above the bed is one of my favorite parts about our room. I love the different frames I've collected over time and how all of the pictures tell a story of us. They're mainly pictures from our wedding or engagement photos. There are a lot of photos of our family and friends there as well. I love the framed lyrics to a song that was played at our wedding.


This corner window was a little bit hard to "dress", because as far as I know they don't sell any curtain rods that connect in the corner for windows like this. So I just kind of makeshifted this solution, which was just to take the finnials off the two ends and make it look like the rod comes to a corner, even though it really doesn't! The curtain rods were found at Marshall's and the white curtains a bargain from Home Goods.


This little ledge is actually a really special DIY. We found the old wood board at the old home where Aaron's grandmother grew up. I just attached L-brackets to it and then attached it to the wall, and it now holds some frames with more pictures, tealights, and a little jar with some fake flowers and our cake topper.




This little corner is what I'm working on turning into a vanity. I first need to get a nice big mirror for the area. I love being able to fix my hair and put makeup on right here, where I keep all of my products in the little drawer. It works so much better than our drawer-less bathroom. I recovered that chair from a garage sale and gave it a coat of paint. 




 And last but not least on this little tour of our bedroom is this beautiful quilt at the end of our bed. Aaron's grandmother quilted this for us as a wedding gift and it is so colorful and lovely.

Thanks for viewing this little tour of our bedroom! There will definitely be a few more updates to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment