Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

My vanity corner

I mentioned in this post about our bedroom that I was working on turning this little corner in our bedroom into a vanity area.


It was my best idea ever. There were a few reasons why a vanity came to mind here... 1. The desk didn't have another home, and I seriously got this awesome West Elm desk for like $70 at the Pottery Barn Outlet last year. I'm just not wanting to part with it. 2. Our bathroom does not have drawers, which means that I basically never put on makeup, because it is too much work to get it all out, ha. 3. I have very curly, thick hair that takes forever to blowdry and straighten, so I have absolutely no interest in doing it unless I can sit down.  So, it worked out when we moved around furniture and had some extra space in the room! 

I had already updated this garage sale chair with the same spray paint and a couple dollars worth of this gray and white chevron fabric from Hobby Lobby. 



Then, I found this ugly plastic brass mirror at my favorite thrift store for $26 and gave it a nice coat of white semi-gloss spray paint. 


I put all of my makeup brushes in a drinking glass and that milk glass footed bowl is holding the makeup that I use almost every day. 


I put my perfume on a little cake stand I had, not that I usually wear any. Having a husband with fragrance allergy is so fun.



The great thing about this desk is that it has a separate piece underneath that rolls out really far. So I was able to (with a little purging) fit all of my makeup under there. Now, should you wonder, I worked at ULTA during high school and college. I'm happy to say that outside of my wedding makeup and mascara and eyeliner, I haven't bought makeup products in four years. And the stuff is mostly powder eyeshadows and blushes, so it's not goin' bad, and if it does I don't care.



This is what it looks like with the desk rolled out.


Oh, and the necklace holder. It's just a rustic wood frame that we used as a sign at our wedding. I backed it in foam board and covered it in fabric and then a piece of lace, and use specimen pins to hold up my necklaces. 






No comments:

Post a Comment