Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

My craft room

My craft "room" is the loft area at the top of our stairs. I finally have some elements of the space finished, and I love it.

This is what the room looked like a year ago when we moved in, before I painted it (Martha Stewart's Sharkey Gray)


And now:


The room has a big desk/table that was previously our kitchen table, a high cutting table that I sort of DIYed, and a tall hand-me-down dresser that holds a lot of my craft supplies. The only furniture I actually had to purchase for the room were one cheap Target bookshelf and an IKEA tabletop. I think that was around $55 total. I primed and painted the old kitchen table from black to white. The cutting table is just two of these cheap, $20 Target bookcases with one of these IKEA VIKA AMON tabletops placed on top. I was originally going to get a door for the top, but saw these in IKEA last summer and it was perfect! 


The shelves are so great for holding my fabric and bins of fabric scraps! 


On the other side I keep things like foam, batting, works in process, etc. The backs of these cheap bookcases are cardboard, which wasn't very pretty, so I simply painted them with gray acrylic craft paint I had. 

I affixed a yard stick to the side of the tabletop with hot glue and it is wonderful for measuring out fabrics. 



The table is where I can do sewing, use my Silhouette, and do some paper crafting. I hung these IKEA ledges that I've had for a while. They hold my DIY "create" fabric scrap art, a pincushion, a vase full of threads, and some inspirational quotes.


The curtains are actually this tablecloth from Target that I cut in half, then hemmed each side and hung with ring clips. 



My craft room is bright and airy and makes me feel like creating. I think that's everything it should be! 

No comments:

Post a Comment