Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Our Home: The Before Pictures!

I'm so excited to finally share these photos of our house. It's so great to be here and slowly but surely starting to feel like home. We had quite a delay with closing, so I rushed in to take these pictures as soon as we got there, before the sun set. Due to the lack of light some are a little blurry and grainy so I apologize, but I promise the after pictures will be much better :)

Not only have we been so blessed with this great house, we are also very very very blessed by our great friends and family. A bunch of our friends showed up on Saturday morning to help us move, and my dad not only helped us move but also mowed the lawn (and it was in the 100's!) and gave us wise counsel on caring for our yard. My mom showed up and helped me clean- and I mean scrub- every surface in this home. She was down on her hands and knees, scrubbing the baseboards! She also helped me unpack and organize the kitchen. My parents are so great!

So let me take you on a little tour of our home!

Here's what you see looking back at the front door. We love the high ceilings and the big
window brings in a lot of natural light!



To the left when you walk in, you'll see a linen closet and a tiny little powder room.


And then the staircase. 

Straight ahead, is a little step down to the big family room. 



Which leads into the breakfast area and kitchen. 



That door leads to the laundry room and pantry, a large closet, and the garage. 




Now we will go upstairs... At the top of the stairs is this great loft with a big closet. 


To the right of the loft is the master bedroom and bathroom. 





To the left of the loft are two bedrooms. The first one will be Aaron's office, and the second (western themed!) room will be one of the first to be painted... and will be the guest room. There is also a bathroom upstairs. 




So that concludes the tour of our home. I'll be back tomorrow with pictures of the front from the outside, the backyard, and the garden... yes, we have a fully functioning amazing vegetable garden! You'll love it. Also, stay tuned for a list of things we want to do to the house! 

So what do you think of our house?




1 comment: