Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Bathroom Update

So I've totally been bitten by the oil-rubbed bronze spray paint bug. I used it to paint this lamp and now I've used it several more times in other areas of our house.

One of the things we really didn't like about our bathroom was the hardware (ie towel racks/rings). They appear to be spraypainted a very almondy color and it was just a little strange. Maybe just because it isn't a color you've ever seen on a towel rack. Here is what they looked like, before the oil-rubbed bronze spray paint got the best of them...




It was as easy as unscrewing this teeny little screw on the bottom of each:



















And then taking them in the garage and giving them several light coats of the paint.




































Here's how they looked after a few days of drying, reattached to their homes.





































A few pictures of the progress made in the bathroom, with the addition of some rugs from my mom.
I also hung the free botanical art I made.







































































After I took these photos, I found a great ORB toilet paper holder at Marshall's for $7.99 to replace this very modern IKEA one: 


I obviously still need to patch up some holes on the wall from where the old one was attached!

These small changes have made an impact in our bathroom so far.. we still have lots on our wish list but for now, any progress is good progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment