Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Powder Bathroom Updates

On Saturday we painted our small powder bathroom in just a couple of hours. It all started when I bought a gorgeous mirror from HomeGoods for only $29.99. I came home to take off the old mirror in the powder bath, which was super easy- it wasn't glued at all like I've heard some are, it was only screwed in. The only problem was that the room hadn't been painted behind the mirror and this is what I found:



I thought it'd be no problem, since the sellers had left a bunch of paint in the garage. So I set out to find the paint. I thought I'd found it, but it turned out to be not so:



So I just put the mirror up anyway and it looked really silly. Until this weekend, when we decided to do something about it. We went to Home Depot and had no idea what kind of color we really wanted but the blueish greens sort of jumped out at both of us, and we decided on Milk Pail by Martha Stewart. We had it colormatched to Behr Premium Plus Ultra and got to work painting... a few hours later it was done and it looks great with my beautiful mirror.





I hung a shelf we already had over the toilet.


I got this fluffy rug and pretty green towel from World Market.



And a close up of the pretty finish on the mirror. It reminds me of mercury glass. I think I should get a mercury glass candleholder for the shelf.


I still need to hang a towel ring (I'm going to spraypaint one that I found at ReStore) and a toilet paper holder. Eventually we'd like to get a new light fixture in there as well.

I love the difference a great paint color can make!

1 comment:

  1. It all looks great! I love the color you chose - very spa-like!

    ReplyDelete