Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Deal of the Century

So I might be a little too proud about this deal that I scored a few weekends back at the Crate and Barrel outlet. I was shopping with my husband, mother in law, and aunt in law and Aaron and I went ahead of the others into Crate and Barrel, where I happened upon a large selection of “final sale” dining tables and various furniture. They had some beauuuutiful wood dining tables at some pretty amazingly deep discounts. I didn’t believe it when I saw the Pranzo II extension dining table, a $1699.00 table, for … yes, $249. That is an 85% discount.

 

PranzoBlkExtTable3QS11

What I loved about it:

  • Too good of a deal to pass up an 85% discount on a very high quality piece.
  • The wood table is so lovely. The black legs go perfectly with our already owned chairs.
  • It has THREE extension leaves. Yes, THREE. So that means that it can seat 14 people. How amazing is that?! This gives us an opportunity to host both big and small groups of people without even having a formal dining room.
  • It was made in Italy.

PranzoBlkExtTableAV2S11

Why my husband thought we shouldn’t get it and how I convinced him otherwise:

  • We already have a table. Why yes we do. We got it off Craigslist for $60 including chairs and it badly needs another coat of paint. It also collects and shows EVERY speck of dust and dirt and makes cleaning it impossible.
  • He didn’t wait to buy new chairs. Well guess what, we don’t have to! The ones we have go perfectly. Just need a coat of fresh paint.
  • We pretty much only bought it because his mom and aunt kept telling him it was such a great deal.

After we paid for it and left I remembered that I had a 10% off coupon for Crate and Barrel from changing my address on the catalog when we moved. I examined it and it didn’t list any exclusions for final sale/clearance items. We went back to get $25 back and they said it wouldn’t work on final sale items. After I politely pointed out that it does not say that on the coupon, they said their computer just wouldn’t accept it. I knew that customer service would come to my rescue. Not sure why they didn’t call customer service to ask for support in the first place, but alas, customer service said there shouldn’t have been a problem and promptly refunded $25. So the total was only around $240 with tax!

IMG_1967   IMG_1966 

IMG_1968

2 comments:

  1. Ah! How exciting! Crate & Barrel is the BEST - and what an amazing deal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a good deal! Our table shows every spec of dust and it drives me crazy.

    ReplyDelete